Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Been a Long Time...

since I saw your smiling face.

Welcome back to "What's the Matter with Bootblacking?", my daily blog about what's new and exciting in my life, my struggle with losing weight, and being a nerd. Not necessarily in that order!

Today's title comes to you courtesy of the band Cake. They are a fun band, with a really cool sound that I enjoy quite a bit. Check them out!

So, it has indeed been a long time since I updated this page. The last real update was in May, with a mini useless update in June. So, let's get caught up.

Once school got out in June, Malia and I spent 11 days in Hawaii. Wow. What an amazing trip. We had such a good time. For the most part. 1 bad day, but it was a doozy. Tomorrow I'll fill you in on that 11 days with photos.

After Hawaii it was home for a few weeks, and then off to Boy Scout Camp with a few of the boys from the old Boy Scout Troop. It was fun, I guess.

The very same day I got home from camp, I hopped on a plane and spent 5 days hanging out with my best friend, John Feil. We got to see a really good concert, hang out and do nerd things, and eat food that was not good for me.

After I got home from that trip, it was time to take Malia in for some nasal surgery, and then back to work a few weeks later. Crazy busy, but also crazy fun!

So, you might be wondering, how has the weight loss been going. Well...when last I weighed in here, I was 222 lbs. Last night I got on the scale and it was at 237,  this morning, it was 231, and this afternoon, it was at 232. So I figure I am in the low-mid 230s at this point, but as you will learn over the next week or so, I was obviously not very good about sticking to my diet over the summer. My goal of hitting 170 lbs by Christmas is gone, with the hope now to be at 200 by then, and 170 by next October.

To help me along this goal, I joined an online weight loss program which should earn me some money. I'll let you know how things are going as I get closer to those goals.

Speaking of goals, I finally plowed my way through The Song of Ice and Fire book 1 back in June and since then, I have finished books 2-4. I am now about 1/3 of the way through book 5. I am just about up to the point where I need to sing this song:


Some adult language, viewer advised.

On that note, it's time for the food diary!

Food Diary for Monday the 7th of October

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in bacon grease
                 2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                12.5 oz of Coffee with Mint and Chocolate Liquid Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack: 1 stick of Solstice Sugar Free Gum
                 
Lunch: 3 Tiki Masala Drumsticks
           Big Ol' Salad w//Blood Orange and Black Currant Balsamic Vinaigrette

PM Snack: 1 stick of Solstice Sugar Free Gum
                  
Dinner:  Mu Shu Pork "Cabbage" Rolls (Used Romaine instead because the cabbage was bad)

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: about 8 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
              30 minute Dog Walk
              45 minutes riding the Stationary Bike

So there ya go, a blog entry! Tomorrow, get ready for lots of pictures of food from Hawaii so you can see just why I gained 15 lbs over the summer! Off to ride the bike and read more from A Dance with Dragons.

No comments: