Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Aloha, Food!

So, as promised, here is the Hawaii vacation report. It really was a great trip.

Okay, it all starts with this view. 

That was the weirdest part of the trip. I've never been over that much water before, and it was pretty weird.

Next picture is the strangest airport I've ever been in.


Seriously. Open air airport. Weird, but cool.

It was then off to lunch before the long drive to the hotel.

Chicken Katsu for me at the Pine Tree Cafe near the Kona Airport. Really good, but not the best food I had while in Hawaii.

The hotel is a little boutique spa resort. Beautiful facility named Hawaii Island Retreat.





We had the "Honeymoon Suite" and it was truly the best hotel room I've ever stayed in.The strangest thing about that place was that we were the only people staying at the hotel. So weird, but then again, it was pretty awesome as we had the place to ourselves.

...Ok, I've totally forgotten the order of things, so here's what I am going to do. I'm going to post a bunch of pictures of food just to show how I gained all that weight back.

Chicken Parm in Waimea

Breakfast at the Hawaii Island Retreat

Pizza in Hawi

Dessert in Hawi

Salad at the Retreat

Soup at the Retreat

Dinner at the Retreat

Chicken of some kind, somewhere

Loco Moco (OMG! I love this stuff!)

Fried Shrimp from a Shrimp Truck

Dole Whip (in a cone) at the Dole Plantation.
Burgers and Fries

Drinks at Bamboo

Kalua Stuffed Chicken at Bamboo

Loco Moco with Shredded Beef at the southern most restaurant in the USA

Hot Dog Spaghetti w/rice and macaroni salad (not good)

Duck Fried Rice

Shave Ice

BBQ Ribs

Malasadas from Leonard's (amazingly good)

Yeah, my mouth is watering and my stomach is growling! It was a pretty amazing gastronomically delightful trip. So good!

So, that was then...

Food Diary for Tuesday the 8th of October

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in bacon grease
                 2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                12.5 oz of Coffee with Mint and Chocolate Liquid Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack: 1 stick of Solstice Sugar Free Gum
                 
Lunch: 3 Tiki Masala Drumsticks
           Big Ol' Salad w//Blood Orange and Black Currant Balsamic Vinaigrette

PM Snack: 2 stick of Solstice Sugar Free Gum
                  
Dinner:  Zucchini Lasagna

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: about 8 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around

Tomorrow, I'll post the pictures of other things that aren't food!

No comments: