Sunday, April 25, 2010

Random Thoughts 2

1) Closet is as complete as it will be for now. Looks good, but going to have to get used to the new layout. And figure out how to get my tie racks to hang properly. Otherwise it should be good.

2) Volunteered at the Humane Society today. Played with the cats, pet a few dogs, looked at the small furry things. Malia brought home a kitten. Well, a kitten worth of fur anyway. She wanted to bring home a snake, but it was not available to be adopted. Darn. ;-)

3) Life on other planets? One of my favorite lines from the movie Contact goes: "But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space." I think life exists out there, but it just too far away to really make a difference. We will probably never make contact in my lifetime.

Which may be a good thing. Stephen Hawking thinks we should avoid alien contact because they might want to take all of our stuff and leave us for dead. Maybe the makers of Independence Day had the right idea after all.

4) Smirnoff Ice may have overtaken Mike's Hard Lemonade as my new favorite beverage. Time will tell.

No comments: